11/13/2009

Alfredo Sauce with Penne & Chicken

This meal makes me think of my best friend because it was something we often cooked together whenever we wanted to stay in and hang out instead of dress up and go out, it was simple, delicious, and fun to make together.

Of course, we always used jarred Alfredo sauce, back when I didn't care about calories (oh how I miss those days).

But then I stumbled across a fellow blogger after seeing one of her comments on a post of mine, I was browsing through her recipes and found a recipe for Weight Watchers Alfredo Sauce - I nearly jumped off my seat! I decided to make it as soon as I could to see if it was really as good as she said it was!

It was delicious!! In case you are wondering, the recipe comes from Arlene at The Food of Love, go check her blog out, she has tons of amazing recipes!

I doubled Arlene's recipe so here is what I used:

Light butter, parmesan cheese, skim milk, laughing cow cheese. Arlene had used the french onion flavor, but this was all my grocery store had, so I figured I'd try it anyway (so glad I did!).

I measured out double the ingredients and added them to a pot:
2 cups milk, 12 cheese wedges, 2 TBS butter, and 2 TBS parm. I turned the heat to high and whisked away until it was boiling:
Once it was boiling, I turned it to simmer and kept an eye on it, whisking frequently.

Then, I got my chicken ready. I cut it into small chunks and got my all time favorite seasoning out, along with some protein penne pasta:
Have you used this seasoning before? It makes everything taste so good!! This was our real trick to making the jarred Alfredo sauce good, adding a little heat to it:
Thank you best friend, because if I didn't have this spice, I would be very deprived!

Anyway, because I really wanted to taste the Alfredo sauce as it was, I just sprinkled a little bit to season up my chicken:
I fried this up in just a little bit of olive oil while the sauce was simmering, I also had my noodles boiling at this point as well.

Once it's all done and ready, I added the sauce and noodles in with the chicken:
Then mixed it up well:
And it was dinner time!!
I served this up with a little garlic bread, and my stepson added some more seasoning to his, and some tomatoes too:
I didn't think it needed any extras - it was delicious! All three of us had two bowls, so I'm very glad that I doubled it!! Plus there was just enough for lunch today too! If you reheat it though add a little milk so it doesn't dry up in the microwave!

Thank you Arlene for this wonderful keeper! And thank you best friend for making this meal with me on our many great nights together!

I am linking over to Foodie Friday on Designs by Gollum - check it to see all sorts of wonderful food!

Please remember to say a prayer for Baby Lilly, I know she is a fighter just like her momma and she'll hopefully be going home soon!!!

Let me know if you try this!

Love and Luck to you,

The Packet Queen

3 comments:

  1. Sounds so good:) Thanks for sharing.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful... love the pic with the tomatoes added - a little parsley would be great too!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this recipe -- I love laughing cow cheese, and this sauce looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Does this sound good to you? Let me know!