11/17/2009

Cream Cheese Ranch Chicken

Ranch is a big hit around here, so anything with a ranch packet added in automatically makes the try list! This is the second time I've made this meal, and the second time I've said, why oh why didn't I buy low sodium broth/cream of chicken!??! Be warned, you should definitely go low sodium on this, but we got past the saltiness because this is really yummy!

Here is what you need:

Boneless skinless chicken, paprika, oregano, parsley, ranch packet, butter, cream cheese, chicken broth, garlic, and cream of chicken.

First, I mix up the cream of chicken, chicken broth, and melted butter:
I used the full can of cream of chicken, 2 TBS of melted butter, and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Remember my warning though, get low sodium! Also, the recipe calls for a much different sequence of events, basically to cook the chicken with the seasonings and butter and then add everything else later - but I just don't see the point in that, it turns out great this way, and is much easier!

Next, I added in the cream cheese and the spices:
I used half a package of cream cheese, a TBS of minced garlic, the full ranch packet, and then sprinkled with oregano, parsley, and paprika, then mixed well. The original recipe calls for the garlic to be sautéed in the melted butter - if you have time for that all the more power to you, but I had all of 10 minutes to throw this together, same as last time and it still turns out wonderful!

Then I added in some frozen chicken strips:
I added just under a pound, you can really stretch your chicken with this since you are going to shred it later and serve it all over noodles.

Then I turned my crockpot to low and didn't check back for another 5-6 hours, this is what I found:
Definitely could use some stirring! But that's okay, nothing was burned/ruined! So I took out the chicken pieces and shredded them up:
Then added it back to the Crockpot for about another hour:
At this point, I left for class, hubby made the egg noodles and prepared his plate for a photo:
Didn't he do a good job!?!? This is a delicious meal, and if you make it the way I make it it is incredibly simple and takes 10 minutes to throw together! Give it a try and let me know if you do!

I found the original recipe on RecipeZaar, check it out to see the differences if you'd like! To have a printable version of my recipe, click here.

Don't forget to check out Crockpot Wednesday at Dining with Debbie and also Slow Cooker Thursday over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, you'll find tons of great recipes for your Crockpot!

Love and Luck to you,

The Packet Queen

4 comments:

  1. This looks so wonderful and sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds so good to me!!! thnx for a great crock pot idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a total hit at my house. Thanks for posting :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great - so glad I stumbled upon this recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete

Does this sound good to you? Let me know!